Regulated markets are growing worldwide and the costs to obtain and maintain such gaming licenses are increasing dramatically. Overall, this environment is very good for big online gaming businesses, but for many small online casinos and gaming startups, it can be a death strike for their operation and costs.
If you considering getting a Curaçao gaming license, then you should know that is a decent option for new companies. Manny master licensers offer the gaming company in a box solution, and they are priced are very reasonable. The Curaçao license comes with a low cost of entry, low tax rate, and no market restrictions.
Curaçao, a small island nation off the north coast of Venezuela has been in the online gaming business since 1996. They offer only one type of license which covers operators and software providers of games of skill, chance, and sports betting.
One of the attractive features, other than its beautiful location, is its low barrier of entry and lack of market restrictions. The government offers gaming companies a low tax rate and master licensees often offer new entrants a single out-of-the-box gaming package which includes, a license and hosting.
Before starting the business is good to understand how and where a curacao gambling license can be used and to understand the seven types of gambling jurisdictions which are seen across the world.
- Jurisdictions that totally ban online gambling: China, Turkey, UAE, Brunei, Cambodia, North Korea, Japan, Singapore, Qatar, Lebanon, Poland (Note, this list may not be accurate and is provided as a reference).
- Jurisdictions that allow only licensing for online gambling operators but do not allow them to provide services within the country and do not allow any foreign license holders also to operate.
- Jurisdictions that allow only licensing for online gambling operators but do not allow them to provide services within the country, but impose no restriction on any foreign license holders to operate. (ex. Costa Rica).
- Jurisdictions that have no laws on online gambling (ex. India).
- Jurisdictions that allow online gambling only through operators registered in the same country or state (ex. Some states in the USA).
- Jurisdictions that allow online gambling by its residents through licensed operators from selected countries but have no domestic laws (ex. Most EU Countries that allow EU licensed operators to accept customers from their countries).
- Jurisdictions that allow online gambling by its residents through licensed operators from the home country and selected other countries (ex. Most EU Countries that allow EU licensed operators to accept customers from their countries).
To be clear, it is not possible to operate with a Curaçao gaming license in the first two categories of countries (1 and 2) and countries which fall under the 5th category.
The Curacao license strictly forbids the following countries: Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, France, The Netherlands, Saba, Statia, St. Maarten, Singapore, USA.
With the Curaçao license, the operators can provide their services in countries that fall under the 3rd category and a few countries under the 4th, 6th, and 7th category.
With the exception of the countries expressly forbidden by the Curaçao gaming license, all other countries are fair game.
Advertising could have limitations
Your operation could have limitations due to its inability to legally advertise in some jurisdictions without a local license. For example, in Australia you can operate with the Curacao license, however, you will not be able to take out a centerfold advertisement in their local newspapers without having issues.
Payments could have limitations
Your operation could have limitations due to its inability to accept payments in some jurisdictions. Payment service providers will often block card payments from jurisdictions where you need a local license.
Cryptocurrencies are permitted
Bitcoins and other coins change the above issue as there is no way for regulators to regulate its use and in some jurisdictions, they are not considered even a “currency”. In these instances, you would be able to offer your service to anyone is able to pay with cryptocurrency as long as you do not target the forbidden countries.
Gambling Consulting Expert offers consultancy services and complete package solutions for gambling license acquisition that include:
- Gambling jurisdiction and business advisory
- Gambling business corporate structure incorporation
- Opening bank accounts
- Gambling license application
- White Label or TurnKey Software Solution